You know that moment in the movie “Frozen” when Elsa and Anna turn to each other and say, “Chocolate!”? I had an experience like that after making this ganache. I would stir it around and around then let it slide smoothly off the spoon, uttering that word to myself. If my kids weren’t around and watching I would have indulged like a king. But instead, I set a good example, set the spoon down, and walked away.
Ganache sounds like a scary word, let’s be honest. But it is seriously so easy to make! And it can be used for so many things. As a filling, as a glaze, or just poured over your favorite cake. And I love how it keeps its shine as it cools and sets. It makes desserts look extra pretty.
You’re going to be surprised at how easy it is to make ganache. After heating heavy cream, pour it right over your chocolate and let it sit there. Then stir it till it’s nice and smooth. Done! No chopping up chocolate with this recipe!
Easy Chocolate Ganache
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 1/3 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Heat heavy cream over medium-high heat till boiling.
- Pour over chocolate chips in a glass bowl and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and whisk together till smooth. Pour over cake, fill cupcakes...So much you can do with it!
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020