Fall is in the air, my friend. October is here! Big things going on this month, including Halloween and my 27th birthday. Yeesh! My mom and sisters are coming down here to help me celebrate so that will be a blast and a half.
It hasn’t really cooled off yet where I’m at in Utah, but I can see it in the change of color in the leaves everywhere. It’s so pretty here right now! I love fall so much. And I especially love finding foods that are perfect for fall. These Pumpkin Waffles with Cinnamon Syrup are heavenly for this time of year. The flavors together are a winning combo. It tastes like fall would taste if I could take a big bite out of the air. That sounds weird. But you get what I’m saying! I love love love these waffles with this syrup!
(The syrup recipe comes from the fabulous Jamie from Jamie Cooks It Up! I’ve tried to make my own cinnamon syrup recipe, but I can’t get over hers. It’s SO good!)
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. brown sugar packed
- 2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 c. canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
- CINNAMON SYRUP:
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. corn syrup
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk
- WAFFLES: Mix all of the dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix together.
- Spray the inside of the waffle iron on the top and the bottom and cook the waffles.
- CINNAMON SYRUP: Place sugar, corn syrup, water, and cinnamon in a saucepan and stir well to combine. Heat over medium-high heat and cook for about 4 minutes till it starts boiling, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and evaporated milk. Whisk together. Serve warm with these fabulous Pumpkin Waffles. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
Here’s another fall favorite!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - February 12, 2020
- Homemade Dipped Oreos for Valentine’s Day - February 7, 2020
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019