Is Thanksgiving really only two weeks away? November is flying! It’s officially time to get the Thanksgiving menu plan in the works. And today I’ve got the perfect non-pie dessert option for all the non-pie eaters celebrating Thanksgiving with you this year! (Scroll to the bottom of this post for even MORE Thanksgiving menu ideas!)
These pumpkin cupcakes are divine. If you like pumpkin, this cupcake was made for you. They’re so moist and pair amazingly with that maple cream cheese frosting. This is a perfect non-pie dessert option! Autumn in a cupcake for sure.
Thanksgiving is definitely the holiday of pies, but it’s so nice to have something not pie to eat after dinner. These cupcakes are a great option and they come together easily. You can even make them a day in advance and you’ll be set! You bet they’ll be on our dessert table this Thanksgiving!
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- CAKE INGREDIENTS
- 1 c. vegetable oil substitute apple sauce for lighter version
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 15-16oz can pure pumpkin
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 24 cupcake liners
- FROSTING INGREDIENTS
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 c. butter softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. maple extract
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- In a mixer combine oil, eggs, both sugars, and pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl whisk together baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Slowly add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture till combined.
- Add cupcake liners to tins and fill 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 350°. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, combine cream cheese and butter with an electric hand mixer until smooth; add vanilla extract and maple extract.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time until combined. Frost cupcakes when cooled. (Frosts 16 cupcakes using a 1M star tip as pictured or all 24 cupcakes if spreading with a butter knife.)
Looking for more options to serve at this year’s Thanksgiving? Take a look at this list of dishes created by other bloggers to help you prepare for Thanksgiving! From the turkey to side dishes, rolls to pies, we’ve got you covered!
Maple – Glazed Turkey with Bacon and Sage | Five Heart Home
Turkey Tetrazzini w/ Mushrooms and Kale | The Fountain Ave Kitchen
Orange Balsamic Glazed Ham | Cherished Bliss
Turkey Soup | Carmel Moments
Cranberry Stuffed Turkey | Thoughts from Alice
Cauliflower Gratin | Love Grows Wild
Creamy Cheese Corn Casserole | Five Heart Home
Cranberry Citrus Salad with Goat Cheese and Pecans | Delightful E Made
Sautéed French Green Beans | Cherished Bliss
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie | Cooking with Curls
Apple Pie Waffles | Club Narwhal
Raspberry Pie | Dessert Now Dinner Later
Triple Layer Chocolate Pie | I Should be Mopping the Floor
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie | Lemon Tree Dwelling
No Bake Brown Sugar Cheesecake w/ Spiced Pears | Baking a Moment
Nutella Kahlua Truffles | Kleinworth & Co
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting | Cupcake Diaries
Cream Filled Coffee Cake | Tastes of Lizzy T
Cranberry Orange Mulled Wine | Wine and Glue
Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake | Maison De Pax
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021