Every holiday party needs a yummy treat you can fill up a plastic up with and take around with you to mingle and play various card games. This Ooey Gooey Holiday Chex Treat is the one my family loves the most! We make this every Christmas and it lasts over the few days that we’re together playing games and partying together. This is a perfect treat to make if you need something last minute for the holidays. This stuff is so good!
Ooey Gooey Holiday Chex Treat
- 6 c. Corn Chex cereal
- 6 c. Rice Chex cereal
- 4 c. Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 1/4 c. light Karo syrup
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. butter
- 3/4 c. sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 c. plain holiday M&M's
- 3/4 c. peanuts
- Place half of each cereal into two large bowls.
- Melt butter in a large pot; add Karo syrup and sugar. Heat together over medium and bring to a boil.
- Boil for two minutes then pour evenly over the cereal in each bowl.
- Stir together then add coconut, M&M’s, and peanuts. Spread over two greased cookie sheets to cool. Place in a large bowl to serve.
**This recipe makes a large bowl. You can half it if you don’t want to make that much.