This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
All the flavors of a classic beef chimichanga are rolled up into a hearty, flavorful, and crispy bite. Mini Shredded Beef Chimichangas are the perfect appetizer for game day or a party!
I am such a sucker for a good appetizer at a party. When it comes to game day, I’m all about savory, handheld foods I can munch on throughout the event. It was easy for me to run to Walmart and grab the ingredients for what is now one of my new favorite appetizers that can also be served as a meal. When we made Mini Shredded Beef Chimichangas I was kind of in heaven! They have all the flavors and textures of a classic chimichanga you would get at your favorite restaurant, but they’re nice and small for dipping. The perfect appetizer for game day!
Hover over the photo above to click through to Walmart.com and purchase Pace® Salsa Verde or Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium
Pace® never disappoints when it comes to snacking and meals! Whether we’re eating chips and salsa or diving into a plate of Mini Shredded Beef Chimichangas, we’re always grabbing for a jar of Pace®. It’s southwestern born and bred and guaranteed to add a kick to your snacking and cooking. I used 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde directly in the chimichangas and then I went even further and dipped some in the Pace® Salsa Verde and some in the 24oz. Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium. It took these chimichangas to a whole new level!
Pace® is versatile and can be used as an ingredient, condiment, and a dipping sauce. Pace® helps “Ban the Bland” when it comes to adding flavor to your snacks and meals!
I absolutely love the flavor that Pace® Salsa Verde added to these chimichangas. My family couldn’t get enough! The morning after we made these my husband was putting together his lunch for the day and grabbed some of the leftover chimichangas. After packing them up he went back to the fridge and said, “Now where’s the Pace®…” He was a man on a mission! It made me laugh and I already can’t wait to make this meal for him again.
Mini Shredded Beef Chimichangas
- 2 lb beef roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 can cola 12 oz
- 1 can green chile enchilada sauce 10 oz
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 package egg roll wrappers 1 lb
- 2 c. Mexican blend cheese grated
- 1 can black beans 15 oz
- 2 c. white rice cooked
- 1 c. Pace® Salsa Verde
- 1 large egg beaten
- vegetable oil
- Place roast in the crock pot and season with salt and pepper. Spread minced garlic over top and add soda. Set crock pot to low and cook for 5-5 1/2 hours.
- When the beef is cooked, shred and place in a medium bowl. Combine enchilada sauce and cumin; pour over beef and mix well to combine.
- Pour vegetable oil in a large saute pan to fill about ½ inch. Heat over medium-high heat and fry chimichangas about 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown. Place on a dinner plate covered with paper towel to drain excess oil. Serve with sour cream and Pace® Salsa Verde.
Your game day food table needs these chimichangas! Head to your local Walmart to pick up all the ingredients you need for these tasty little things, including Pace® Salsa Verde. I hope you love these Mini Shredded Beef Chimichangas as much as we do! How are you going to ban the bland with Pace®? Get recipe inspiration here.
Pace® has an Ibotta® offer available at Walmart! Earn $0.50 cash back with Ibotta® when you purchase a jar of Pace®! (Offer is valid on any ONE (1) 15 oz. or larger Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce.)
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020