I love a good s’more in the summer time. And if I ever make friends with someone who has a fire pit in their backyard, I’ll one day be able to enjoy a s’more sometime other than just the summer. And other than by use of my microwave. In the meantime, I’ll just make Indoor S’mores! These puppies are GOOD. My mother-in-law is a pro at making these things and they show up at every other family party. I made my very first batch on Friday and they were splendid.
We went to dinner with my dad, brother, and grandma in Sandy, UT, on Saturday night and I brought a plate of these for dessert afterward. She said she liked these more than her peach cobbler she had at the restaurant. I’m going to take that as a huge compliment, Grandma! Thanks and love you!
We could stop here and I would be fine. Mallows and chocolate chips is a nice little snack for me. Just sayin’. But the end result is pretty amazing too so keep going!
Next, microwave the mixture in the bowl for 45 seconds, stir, then microwave for another 45 seconds. You want the mixture to be smooth and creamy. Remember to stir!
After you have that creamy goodness all mixed together, add the vanilla.
Then pour the chocolate mixture over the bowl of Golden Grahams and marshmallows. Mix all of that together. It’s tempting at this point not to taste what you’ve just created. Go ahead, taste away. You’ll be glad you did.
- 8 c. Golden Grahams cereal almost an entire box
- 7 c. miniature marshmallows almost an entire bag, divided
- 1 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. light corn syrup
- 6 Tbsp margarine softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Grease a 9x13 pan with butter; set aside.
- Pour Golden Grahams into a large bowl. Pour 1 cup marshmallows right over top.
- In a microwave safe bowl, place remaining 6 cups marshmallows and chocolate chips. Stir together and add margarine and corn syrup on top. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir, another 45 seconds, and stir again till it's nice and creamy. Then add vanilla and stir
- Pour chocolate mixture over Golden Grahams mixture. Mix together and press into the greased 9x13 pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to firm.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - February 12, 2020
- Homemade Dipped Oreos for Valentine’s Day - February 7, 2020
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019