Today is my little baby’s original due date! My baby who is now almost 2 months old was due to be born today and it just blows my mind to think about how early he was. We sure are lucky parents! He’s just the sweetest little guy and we feel so blessed.
Yesterday it hit me that summer is almost over. It’s almost August, for crying out loud! It seems like summer is just starting for us because half of our summer was spent in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with our baby. Two weeks ago today we busted out of there and started celebrating life and summertime!
With summer comes oodles and oodles of yummy fruit and I LOVE fresh fruit in the summer, as I’ve mentioned a bazillion times before. (Spell check didn’t just tell me that “bazillion” was spelled wrong so apparently that really is a real word…?) I love me a good fruit salad in the summer. Or juicing a whole bunch of random fruits together for a yummy beverage.
Fruit Pizza is one of my favorite treats, and especially so in the summer when the fruit is ripe and delicious. I love that this tastes like a decadent dessert but it has so fewer calories with all of the delicious fruit on top. Whenever I see this dessert at a party it’s gone in seconds. People just can’t get enough! There are a lot of different versions of this dessert. This one is awesome when you want to make it but don’t have time to make it from scratch. Easy and fun! I can’t wait to make this again soon.
- 1 1lb 1.5oz pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix (
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine melted
- 1 egg
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 1/2 c. cream cheese frosting
- 4 c. assorted fresh fruit
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Lightly spray a 14-inch pizza pan or 15×10 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie mix, melted butter, and egg until soft dough forms. Press the dough in the bottom of the pan.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- In a chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gently stir the frosting into the whipped cream. Spread over cookie pizza and arrange fruit over top.
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
Melissa Haws says
oooo, looks so good!