I’m all about desserts. I love chocolate like it’s going out of style. But sometimes it’s nice to have a dessert that I don’t have to worry about eating and that’s light and refreshing. This dessert has all of those qualities. And it just happens to be my favorite dessert to eat in the summer! My grandma has made this for a few family events, and when I was asked to make the dessert for my husband’s family’s mother’s day dinner I immediately thought of this one. Each bite is cool and refreshing with a crust that adds a sweet crunch. It is a perfect dessert to share with your family this summer!
Thanks for the recipe, Grandma!
Strawberry Mile High Dessert
Ingredients (Strawberry Layer)
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 2 egg whites, unbeaten
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. cream
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. walnuts, finely chopped (The chop size in the pre-chopped bag of walnuts at the grocery store is perfect size.) FYI if you have a nut allergy in the family you can use chopped up pretzels instead!
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021