The Fourth of July is one of my very favorite holidays. I love love love it! I love spending the day with family starting with a 5K and parade in the morning, a barbecue or two throughout the day with all kinds of great food, and fireworks at night. I look forward to it every year!
I love fun and festive treats on holidays, and I especially love finding and coming up with new ideas for the Fourth of July. Rice krispie treats are a classic treat that everyone seems to enjoy. I put a spin on the classic with patriotic sprinkles followed by a dip in blue-colored white chocolate. Everything’s better with chocolate, I say! (This idea was inspired by my recipe for Lucky Charms Treats!)
Fourth of July Krispy Treats
- 6 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 bags mini marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- red sugar crystal sprinkles
- patriotic sprinkles
- blue food coloring 10 drops to achieve this same blue
- Butter the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Melt the 4 Tbsp butter completely in a microwave safe bowl.
- Pour marshmallows in the bowl over butter and stir around to coat. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave for 30 more seconds and stir. (The marshmallows should be nice and melted at this point. If not, microwave for a little bit longer.)
- Pour Rice Krispies in the bowl with the marshmallow and mix well. Place mixture in the 9x13 pan and wet down your hand with water to press the mixture into the pan evenly. Then add the sprinkles.
- Cover with plastic wrap or tinfoil and place in the fridge to cool for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares and place on wax paper. Melt the white chocolate at 30 second intervals, stirring after each 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted. Add the food coloring and stir.
- Dip the bottom of third to half of each treat into the now blue chocolate. Place upside down on wax paper to cool.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020