The Fourth of July is one of my very favorite holidays. I love love love it! I love spending the day with family starting with a 5K and parade in the morning, a barbecue or two throughout the day with all kinds of great food, and fireworks at night. I look forward to it every year!
I love fun and festive treats on holidays, and I especially love finding and coming up with new ideas for the Fourth of July. Rice krispie treats are a classic treat that everyone seems to enjoy. I put a spin on the classic with patriotic sprinkles followed by a dip in blue-colored white chocolate. Everything’s better with chocolate, I say! (This idea was inspired by my recipe for Lucky Charms Treats!)
Fourth of July Krispy Treats
- 6 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 bags mini marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- red sugar crystal sprinkles
- patriotic sprinkles
- blue food coloring 10 drops to achieve this same blue
- Butter the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Melt the 4 Tbsp butter completely in a microwave safe bowl.
- Pour marshmallows in the bowl over butter and stir around to coat. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave for 30 more seconds and stir. (The marshmallows should be nice and melted at this point. If not, microwave for a little bit longer.)
- Pour Rice Krispies in the bowl with the marshmallow and mix well. Place mixture in the 9x13 pan and wet down your hand with water to press the mixture into the pan evenly. Then add the sprinkles.
- Cover with plastic wrap or tinfoil and place in the fridge to cool for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares and place on wax paper. Melt the white chocolate at 30 second intervals, stirring after each 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted. Add the food coloring and stir.
- Dip the bottom of third to half of each treat into the now blue chocolate. Place upside down on wax paper to cool.
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
SUZY littlemisssuzyq.blogspot.com says
These look so yummy and they would look so cute on the table at a barbecue!
anyonita green says
OH, YES! Going to make these for our 4th of July gathering! 🙂 Pinned to my Feed the Fourth board! Also, I’d like to invite you to come link up with me at my link party! I’d love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here’s the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/tasty-tuesdays-15-9-recipes-youll-love.html
anyonita green says
I’m so glad you stopped by! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by the party and check out some of the other links!
Emily Thompson says
super cute! perfect party food!! I am trying to get around to all the red, white and blue projects from sugarbees… I went on Monday :o) Emily @ Nap-Time Creations
Jessica Anderson says
These are so cute! Pinning to my 4th of July board!
Katie Clark says
These look like so much fun! Definitely pinning 🙂
Julie Huston says
This looks good! You are invited to share this Show Your Stuff:
Kristin King says
Adorable and so festive! The kids will love them.
Thanks for linking up with us at Tasty Tuesdays!
Kristin @ http://www.DizzyBusyandHungry.com
Julie Rogers says
What a perfect dessert of 4th of July bbqs! We would love for you to share at our first Super Summer Saturday party here: http://www.thechirpingmoms.com/2013/06/super-summer-saturday-party.html!
These are perfect for my 4th of July BBQ! Thanks for Sharing! Found you on Tasty Tuesday and now following! 🙂
The CSI Girl says
Yum! Yum! Yum!!! So perfect for the 4th or anyday in the summer. I would love for you to link this up to the challenge this week on my blog. The challenge is Summer Desserts and Goodies. We usually do craft challenges but I like to throw in some food challenges to satisfy my love of food!!! LOL Everyone loves a summer treat and I hope to inspire everyone to create some. Come on over! The link up begins Wednesday night.
Julie Rogers says
Thanks for linking up for our first Super Summer Saturday party. Just pinned to our boards to share with our followers. Come back next Saturday to join the fun again!
Amber Brady says
I love these & I am seeing them pop up all over pinterest! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #18!
~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
When do you add the sprinkles?
Allison Miller says
Add the sprinkles right after you press the krispy treats into the pan. Can’t believe I left that step out! Thanks so much for pointing it out!