Zesty chicken tortilla soup made in the crock pot. This is a great way to enjoy a delicious Mexican meal at home!
It’s a new week and new recipes are about to pop the seams of this blog. We had some serious family time over the last week with both our families and did all kinds of cooking and baking. It was so fun! Now I’m back and ready to share all of the yummy recipes with you. So brace yourselves! It’s about to get good.
Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts frozen
- 1 4oz can chopped green chillies, drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. half and half OR heavy cream
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- salt and pepper
- corn tortilla chip strips OR crushed up tortilla chips
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Place chicken breasts in the crock pot. In a separate bowl combine diced tomatoes (including liquid), chillies, garlic, chicken broth, cumin, and salt. Mix together and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low 5-5 1/2 hours, or until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken from the crock pot and shred with two forks; place back in the crock pot.
- Add half and half or heavy cream and stir. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes before serving. Taste it and add more salt and cumin if necessary, to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chip strips or crushed tortilla chips, cheese, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - February 12, 2020
- Homemade Dipped Oreos for Valentine’s Day - February 7, 2020
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019