My youngest turned one way back in September and we had a Cookie Monster party for him as a family. My kids love Sesame Street and Cookie Monster is one of their favorite characters. It only seemed right to focus his little party around that furry cookie fanatic!
These cupcakes are perfect for a Cookie Monster party because they’re so easy to put together. No crazy piping of fur or drawing on silly eyeballs. They’re one of my favorite cupcakes I’ve made. And my kids thought they were hilarious.
Cookie Monster Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. oil
- 3 eggs
- 24 white cupcake liners
- 2 packages large candy eyeballs
- 1 package miniature Chips Ahoy Cookies
Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- 1 c. butter softened but not to room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 7oz jar marshmallow fluff
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. almond extract
- blue food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners into muffin cups.
- Place cake mix in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Add buttermilk, oil, and eggs. Mix to combine well.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and set cupcakes on cooling rack to cool.
- Prepare the frosting by placing the butter in a medium/large bowl. Beat the butter with a mixer until nice and fluffy. Add a small amount of food coloring.
- Add the powdered sugar about a 1/2 c. at a time till well combined with the butter. Then add the almond extract and marshmallow fluff. Add more food coloring if a darker blue is desired.
- Place the frosting in a 16oz frosting bag fixed with a Wilton 1M star tip. Pipe frosting evenly over cupcakes in a swirl motion and top with two candy eyeballs. Then press a cookie into the front of the frosting.
Items used in this recipe:
Here are more of my favorite themed birthday party ideas!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- St. Patrick’s Day Caramel Pretzel Bites - March 9, 2020
- St. Patrick’s Day Dipped Oreos - March 2, 2020
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - February 12, 2020