Once upon a time I went to a blogger conference and was assigned a secret sister. Her name was Kara from Creations by Kara and I learned that she loves Twizzlers, power tools, and making stuff. I didn’t know her personally, but when she found out I was her secret sister she was so excited and gave me the biggest hug. I felt so loved and knew I had an immediate friend. Head over to her blog and check out all her craft and DIY tutorials, as well as some pretty amazing recipes. You don’t want to miss her recent Blogger Thanksgiving Recipes post!
Hi Cupcake friends! I’m Kara from Creations by Kara, where I share all my creative endeavors, from painting furniture to baking cookies. I love to create beauty from the chaos around me. I’m happy to be here today helping out Alli while she adjusts to life with a new little one in the house! I hope you’ll stop by some time. 🙂
This time of year I really love baking, especially with pumpkin and cinnamon. I tweaked one of my favorite pumpkin bread recipes to come up with this recipe. The bread is loaded with cinnamon chips, and has a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar on top for an extra boost of cinnamon flavor. It is divine! I handed several loaves out to neighbors and got a few recipe requests shortly after. It would make great Christmas neighbor gifts. Everyone loves it!
Just look at that yummy crackly sugary top:
This stuff is so good! If you’ve never tried cinnamon chips before, you really should! My local stores used to only carry them seasonally, but thankfully they now carry them all year long. You can find them in the baking aisle with the chocolate chips. They are a great addition to your fall baking essentials!
Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. cinnamon chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1 3/4 c. pumpkin 15 oz can
- 2 Tbsp sugar + 1/2 tsp. cinnamon optional
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients; stir in chips.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin till smooth. Add to dry ingredients and stir just till moistened.
- Pour into 5 well-greased and floured mini loaf pans. Mine are about 5×3?. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the tops of the loaves.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
- You can make 2 regular sized loaves. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Or make 2 dozen muffins. Bake for about 25 minutes.
If you love baking with pumpkin, you’ll also love these recipes:
White Chocolate Pumpkin Bars
Pumpkin Pancakes with Homemade Cinnamon Syrup
White Chocolate Pumpkin Scones
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
Leave a Reply