Eat breakfast county fair style with these amazing Churro Waffles!
I love churros so much anyway, so making that delicious treat into a waffle was pretty much a must. These waffles are so good without maple syrup, but if you can handle it, add the syrup. Seriously, you won’t be sorry.
Thank you, Chica Chocolatina, for the churro idea!
For the Waffles:
- 2 c. flour
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. oil
For Churro Coating:
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. butter melted
- Whisk together dry waffle ingredients; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together eggs, milk, and oil. Slowly add liquid mixture to dry mixture; mix well.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon for churro topping. Pour over a dinner plate and spread out.
- Cook waffles and immediately add butter by dipping or drizzling over the waffles. Place each buttered waffle over the plate of churro coating mixture to coat. Turn over and coat the other side. Serve hot with or without syrup. Enjoy!
And because it’s National Waffle Day, I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite foodies to share 10 waffle recipes. You are going to want to try ALL of these waffles! I’m already baking my way through this list. Yummy!!
Waffles with Maple Nut Buttercream Sauce from Summer Scraps
Cinnamon Roll Waffles from Creations by Kara
Golden Butter Waffles from Like Mother, Like Daughter
Vanilla Orange Waffles with Butter Syrup from Butter with a Side of Bread
Lemon Poppyseed Waffles with Lemon Butter Syrup from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Whole Wheat Raspberry Liege Waffles with Lemon Syrup from Happy Food Healthy Life
Churro Waffles from Cupcake Diaries
Liege Belgian Waffles from Real Mom Kitchen
Gluten Free Banana Nut Waffles from Tried and Tasty
Coconut Liege Waffles from Ashlee Marie
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - February 12, 2020
- Homemade Dipped Oreos for Valentine’s Day - February 7, 2020
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019