A few weeks ago I shared this fun recipe for “Deck the Halls with the Crafting Chicks.” And I wanted to share it here just in case you missed it over there! My kids loved making this new treat this year – Christmas Tree Sugar Cookie Bars. They could decorate the trees however they wanted using M&M’s, sprinkles, and Sixlets. The pretzel sticks were a cute little touch!
Christmas Tree Sugar Cookie Bars are such a fun treat to give to neighbors. Give one tree per family member for a perfect holiday gift.
Christmas Tree Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 c. butter softened at room temperature
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 5 c. flour
For the Frosting:
- 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. butter softened at room temperature
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 3 Tbsp milk
- green food coloring
- Christmas sprinkles and candies to decorate
- pretzel sticks
- Grease a standard rimmed cookie sheet (about 12x17) and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to be incorporated into the mixture. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add vanilla; mix well.
- Whisk together salt, baking soda, and flour in a medium bowl. Slowly add to the sugar mixture until just combined.
- Press the dough evenly into the greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Prepare frosting by using an electric hand mixer to beat the butter until smooth. Then add 2 Tbsp milk, a small amount of food coloring, and almond extract; mix together.
- Add powdered sugar about a half cup at a time to avoid a mess. Add 1 Tbsp milk and combine. At this point you can add more food coloring if you want to darken the color of the frosting.
- Cut bars into triangles the size you want each tree. Frost and decorate as desired. Insert a pretzel stick into the bottom of each tree for the tree stump.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Triangles from Real Mom Kitchen
Dipped Chocolate Chip Pizzelle Cookies from Summer Scraps
Dipped Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies from Creations by Kara
Chocolate Mint Cookies from Butter with a Side of Bread
No-Bake Dark Chocolate and Orange Protein Cookies from Happy Food Healthy Life
Soft Frosted Ginger Spice Cookies from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies from Like Mother, Like Daughter
Christmas Tree Sugar Cookie Bars from Cupcake Diaries
Classic French Macaroons with Homemade Nutella from Tried and Tasty
Banana Cream Cookies from Butter with a Side of Bread
Flourless Triple Chocolate Cookies from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Lemon Swig Style Sugar Cookies from Tried and Tasty
Hot Chocolate French Macarons from Tried and Tasty
Christmas M&M Cookies from Cupcake Diaries
Cinnamon Chip Pretzel Cookies from Like Mother, Like Daughter
Classic No Bake Cookies from Cupcake Diaries
Brown Butter Madeleines from Ashlee Marie
Giant Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies from Tried and Tasty
Homemade Oreos from Ashlee Marie
Cinnamon Roll Cookies from Creations by Kara
Peppermint Bark Sugar Cookies from Real Mom Kitchen
Strawberry Fruit Spread Thumbprint Cookies from Cupcake Diaries
Gingerdoodle Cookies from Like Mother Like Daughter
Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies from Cupcake Diaries
Cherry Pie Cookies from Butter with a Side of Bread
Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies from Creations by Kara
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- St. Patrick’s Day Caramel Pretzel Bites - March 9, 2020
- St. Patrick’s Day Dipped Oreos - March 2, 2020
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - February 12, 2020