One of my favorite parts of summer is all the amazing fresh fruit. Every time we go to the grocery store or a farmers market we try to get something different. I look forward to fresh fruit every year!
- 1 pound strawberries, rinsed and dried well
- half bag Shirley J semi-sweet Dipping and Coating Chocolate
- pecans, finely chopped (optional)
- wax paper
Place a piece of wax paper on the counter top, long enough to fit all the strawberries after they’ve been dipped. Prepare a double boiler by filling a sauce pan about 1/3 full of water. Set it on the stove top on medium-high heat. Place a glass bowl directly over the water when the water begins boiling. Add half the bag of chocolate to the bowl and melt completely. Remove from heat.
Dip each strawberry into the chocolate by holding onto the stem. Twist slightly after coming up from the chocolate to allow the excess to fall back into the bowl. Place on the wax paper and immediately sprinkle with chopped pecans, if desired.
Allow the strawberries to cool for about 30 minutes. (If you can wait that long!!) Enjoy!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020