Are you as excited as I am for the Fourth of July? I can’t believe it’s next week! I love everything about this holiday! Our freedom and those who fight for it are two of the biggest reasons why it’s one of the most amazing holidays we have to celebrate.
Fourth of July celebrations are some of the most fun. Our day starts off with a parade, lunch somewhere fun, a barbecue in the evening, and the big fireworks show that night. I have a feeling that a lot of people will be celebrating in a very similar way!
These chocolate dipped oreos are a super simple and festive treat that look so cute on any Fourth of July barbecue table. Just dip oreo cookies in melted white chocolate, add sprinkles, and let them dry. Done! This is a great idea if you need something fast and/or last minute.
Chocolate Dipped Oreos for the Fourth of July
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 2 bags white chocolate chips 12 oz
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 container red, white and blue sprinkles
- In a microwave safe bowl, pour one bag of white chocolate chips and heat at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, till chocolate is smooth. Add 1 tsp. vegetable oil; stir.
- Dip Oreos one at a time into melted chocolate. Cover completely with chocolate to coat. Place on wax paper and immediately add sprinkles. Repeat until more chocolate is needed.
- Place cookies in the refrigerator to harden the chocolate faster, or leave out on the counter for a few hours. These are perfect for a Fourth of July BBQ!
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe: