One of my favorite all-time flavor combinations has got to be chocolate and peanut butter. Whoever came up with that brilliant idea is a total genius and has changed my life forever. And I’m sure most of you would agree with me!
These cupcakes are divine. These magical drops of heaven are sure to be a crowd pleaser at the next bake sale, family get-together, friends gathering, etc. I can’t resist this combination anyway, but then put it in a cupcake? I’m sold! These chocolate cupcakes combined with the peanut butter frosting really make a perfect cupcake. You’ll understand when you bake these little guys yourself! Trust me on this one.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 chocolate cake mix plus extra ingredients required to make it
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1 small pkg chocolate instant pudding 3.5oz
- 24 cupcake liners
For the Frosting
- 1 c. unsalted butter softened
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. whipped topping thawed
- Prepare cake mix as directed on the box. Then add pudding and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly into cupcake liners, about 2/3 full. Bake as directed on the box. You may need to add a couple minutes onto the baking time because of the added ingredients. Bake according to the directions then check if they're done by inserting a toothpick into the center of one. If it comes out clean, they're done. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Make the frosting by beating butter and peanut butter together with an electric mixer. Beat until smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until well combined. Gently fold in whipped topping until smooth and fluffy.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, frost the cupcakes to your liking. I used a 1M star tip from Wilton. (seen above)
Looking for more fabulous cupcake recipes? Here are a few of my favorites…