Carrot Cake Cookies, the dessert staple at Sweet Spells on Sunset Blvd. in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, is a decadent treat and incredibly easy to make at home. And you only need five ingredients!
If you’ve been to Disney World you’re familiar with Sweet Spells on Sunset Blvd in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The carrot cake cookies they serve there have been called visitors’ number one favorite cookie in the entire park. They’re just that good! It was pretty obvious for me that I wanted to create my version of these popular cookies to go along with this round up of 18 copycat recipes from Disneyland.
The cookies from the Disneyland establishment have a cake like texture to them, which is why I wanted to make mine with a cake mix. Yes, this recipe is made super easy by using a carrot cake mix! It’s a beautiful thing.
This recipe makes two dozen individual cookies before sandwiching them together, making one dozen Carrot Cake Cookies. I used a cookie scoop to create the cookie shapes and they weren’t perfect, let me tell you. But they don’t have to be perfect to make these little sandwiches. I set all of my cookies out and then matched the like shapes together to make even cookies.
Place a can’s worth of cream cheese frosting into a gallon-sized ziploc bag and cut one of the corners off to create a whole about 1/2-3/4 of an inch wide. Then pipe frosting right around the outside edge of the bottom of one of the cookies. Repeat on 11 more cookies.
Then top each cookie with another cookie to create a sandwich. And you’re done! They’re so easy and really yummy. This dessert is perfect for springtime!
Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 carrot cake mix
- 6 Tbsp butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Pour cake mix into a large mixing bowl; add butter, eggs, and vanilla. Use a wooden spoon or your hands to combine well.
- Use a 1-inch cookie scoop to scoop out individual cookie dough balls. Place on a greased cookie sheet, or a cookie sheet with a silicone mat on top (don't grease), and bake for 9-11 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and place on a wire cooling rack to cool.
- Place cream cheese frosting in a gallon size ziploc bag. Cut off one corner to make a hole about 1/2-3/4 inches wide and pipe frosting onto the outer edge of the bottoms of 12 cookies. Top with remaining 12 cookies to make sandwiches. Serve and enjoy!
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
I hope you love this recipe! These cookies are just about as easy as can be, but they taste like they came from a bakery. A perfect dessert for just about any occasion!
Now that you’ve seen how I make my favorite Disneyland treat at home, check out how a few of my blog friends make their favorites too!
Hand Dipped Corndogs from Dessert Now, Dinner Later
Clam Chowder Bread Bowl from Kleinworth & Co.
Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Treats from Tastefully Frugal
Monte Cristo Sandwich from See Lindsay
Churro Funnel Cake from Artsy Fartsy Mama
Pumpkin Mickey Mouse Beignets from Clarks Condensed
BLT Waffle Fries from Old House To New Home
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches from Love To Be In The Kitchen
Carrot Cake Cookies from Cupcake Diaries
Caramel S’mores from My Latina Table
Mickey Marshmallow Wand from Liz On Call
Dole Whip Popsicles from Bite Of Delight
Dole Whips from Girl Loves Glam
Mint Julep Slush from As The Bunny Hops
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas from Pretty Providence
Mickey Mouse Cake Pops from Play Party Plan
Mac’n’Cheese Pizza from Over The Big Moon
Mickey Mouse Beignets from Housewife Eclectic
AND you have a chance to win a trip to Disney World for your family and try the original versions of these treats! One lucky winner will receive:
- 4 Day/3 Night Hotel Stay in Anaheim or San Diego (winner’s choice)
- 2 Adult and 2 Kids Tickets to TWO Southern California Parks (winner’s choice)
Fill out the rafflecopter entry form to enter. I hope you win!
Giveaway is sponsored by Get Away Today. Open to US Residents only. Giveaway will run from Friday, April 7th to Friday, April 14th. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond.
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020