When my friend, Erin, told me last week that she wanted us over for games on Saturday night, I was so excited. First of all, game nights with friends are always a blast! Especially with these friends. I always find myself laughing hysterically all night, and continuing the laughing as my husband and I drive home and talk about the evening. Secondly, game nights give me an excuse to make some food to bring! Erin wanted me to bring some kind of treat over so I was really excited to get the chance to try out one of the many Christmas treats I’ve been dying to make.
When it got time to roll the cookie dough balls into the sugar and sprinkles I decided to just let him watch. And he was just as happy to watch as he would have been to help! He was fascinated. These cookies really were fun to make with him and I plan to make them again for a family party at the end of the month. They’re easy and they just look so darn cute.
Candy Cane Blossoms
- 1 bag Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- 1/2 c. butter softened (It’s important that the butter is softened!)
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp milk
- holiday sprinkles
- green and red colored sugar These can be purchased at most grocery stores in the baking aisle with all the sprinkles.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the wrappers from 36 Kisses. (That’s 36-ish. This will all depend on how big you roll the dough balls.)
- Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in your stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add a little of the dry mixture to the butter mixture, then put one of the tablespoons of milk in and mix. Then add more flour mixture and mix, and the last tablespoon of milk and mix. Add the remaining flour mixture, if any. (Alternating the milk and the flour mixture will make a better dough and it won’t dry out.)
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in the different sugars and sprinkles and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and the cookie is set. Remove from the oven and cool for 2-3 minutes. Then press a Kiss into each cookie.
- Remove the cookies from the cookie sheet to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
recipe from Hershey‘s
Linking up here:
Check out these other fun holiday treats!