I’ve worked at Johnny Carino’s for nearly 10 years and I’m still not sick of the food. Everything I’ve eaten there I’ve loved. One of the most popular dishes at the restaurant is the Bowtie Festival. And I was absolutely thrilled when a friend of mine introduced me to a recipe that tasted just like it! I could have cried. From that we came up with this copycat version that makes me feel like I’m enjoying it at the restaurant. It tastes so much like the original! You’ll definitely want to pin this one!
Copycat Johnny Carino's Bowtie Festival
Copycat Johnny Carino's Bowtie Festival features a decadent cream sauce, grilled chicken, and smoked bacon. It's no wonder it's a restaurant favorite!
- 5 quart pasta pot
- 14-inch skillet
- pasta strainer
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- 1 (10-12 oz) bowtie pasta
- 4-6 strips bacon
- 3 c boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 c red onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. Tony Creole’s seasoning
- 2-3 Tbsp flour
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. While pasta is cooking, place bacon in a saute pan and cook. Remove from pan and pat dry on a paper towel; set aside.
- Add the chicken to the same saute pan to cook. Add garlic and onions; mix together. When the chicken is cooked, add the tomatoes and bacon and combine.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain and rinse with cool water. Put the pasta back in the pot and pour the chicken mixture in with it; stir.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream to the mixture. Stir together and add Tony Creole’s seasoning, plus a little extra garlic.
- Stir together well and heat. Add flour to thicken the sauce. Start with 2 Tbsp and if it isn't thick enough add one more tablespoon. Serve and enjoy!
recipe adapted from Allergy Awesomeness
Looking for more copycat pasta dishes? Here’s another Johnny Carino’s favorite!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020