Beauty and the Beast Cupcakes are the perfect dessert to serve at a birthday party or movie party! The bright colors reflect the iconic moment when Belle and the Beast fall in love in the beloved movie. A beautiful cupcake to celebrate a “tale as old as time”.
The announcement that there would be a live-action re-telling of Beauty and the Beast, one of my favorite Disney movies, was one of the most exciting movie announcements I’ve heard! That animated classic has had my heart since it came to theaters in the 90s. I remember seeing it at the local theater with my twin sister and our best friend, then having a detailed conversation about the different characters and why the movie was called Beauty and the Beast if the girl’s name was Belle. That was some deep thinking from three 10-year-old girls right there. I’ve never been to Disneyland (I know, shocking!!), but I think Belle would be one of the first characters I would like to see.
It was a no-brainer that I wanted to make a Beauty and the Beast cupcake! And at last minute I decided to make two different cupcakes to represent the two main characters in the story, Belle and the beast. It was important for me to use the iconic colors from the moment they fell in love and one of my very favorite parts of the animated movie.
After I figured out the concept of the cupcakes, they were relatively easy to put together. I had a vision with those brownish gold baking cups for the Belle cupcakes and I’m so glad they ended up working out. And how about that fantastic golden frosting? The candy roses on top were the perfect finishing touch. I hope that Beauty and the Beast fans everywhere will love these cupcakes as much as I do!
Beauty and the Beast Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/3 c. oil
- 3 eggs
- 12 Wilton kraft wave baking cups
- 24 royal blue baking cups
- Wilton Golden Yellow food coloring
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- white candy pearls
- 3 packages Wilton rose icing decorations
- Combine cake mix, buttermilk, oil, and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer; mix for two minutes on medium speed. Use a rubber scraper to scrape the bowl for dry mix.
- Place 12 kraft wave baking cups and 12 royal blue baking cups into muffin tins. Use an ice cream scoop to fill each cup 2/3 full with chocolate cake batter. Bake 350° F for 13-15 minute, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Carefully remove baked cupcakes from tins and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- To make the Belle cupcakes, place vanilla frosting in a medium mix bowl and use a butter knife to add a small amount of Golden Yellow food coloring. Use a rubber scraper to mix the frosting till the color is even throughout. Add more coloring as needed.
- To make the Beast cupcakes, place chocolate frosting in a clean frosting bag fixed with a Wilton 1M star tip. Place a cupcake into one of the 12 empty royal blue baking cups; pipe frosting in a swirl motion onto each of the cupcakes with a royal blue cup. Add candy pearls one at a time to make a line around the base of the frosting on each cupcake. Top each with a rose icing decoration.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
I hope you love these cupcakes! They were so much fun to make and share with some of the girls in my neighborhood.
Beauty and the Beast Bath Bomb from A Pumpkin & A Princess
Beauty and the Beast Cupcakes from Cupcake Diaries
DIY Enchanted Rose T-Shirt from A girl and a glue gun
Vanilla Rose Salt Scrub from Girl Loves Glam
DIY Lip Gloss from My Sister’s Suitcase
Beauty and the Beast Cookies from A Pumpkin & A Princess
Chip Beauty and the Beast Necklace | The Benson Street
Be Our Guest Grey Stuff Recipe | The Love Nerds
Beauty and the Beast Oreo Pops | Happiness is Homemade
Faux Wood Beauty and the Beast Earrings | Simply Made Fun
“The Grey Stuff” Mousse Teacups | Sprinkle Some Fun
Easy DIY Beauty and the Beast Shirts | Play Party Plan
Belle Cupcakes – Beauty and the Beast | Kid’s Fun Review
Beauty and the Beast Rose Necklace | My Mom Made That
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
- S’more Cookies - August 11, 2021