Perfectly crispy taquitos are stuffed with a creamy mixture and dipped in a delicious cilantro-lime ranch dressing. Creamy Chicken Taquitos are going to become a new family favorite!
Every now and then I make a meal that my family absolutely loves. Creamy Chicken Taquitos quickly became a new favorite when I rephotographed this recipe and gave this post a little update! My kids were in heaven dipping the taquitos in the creamy cilantro-lime ranch dressing. That dressing makes everything better. These taquitos are a really great alternative to taco night. They have familiar taco flavors with some extra goodness to go along with it.
I love the idea of having something that is normally fried, oily, and chewy turned into something baked, crispy, and awesome. That’s one of the reasons why I love this recipe so much. You don’t have to dunk these guys in hot oil to get them crispy. All you need is a little bit of cooking spray and a hot oven!
Creamy Chicken Taquitos are great for a party snack, appetizer, or dinner. We especially like them for dinner. The dressing tastes very similar to Cafe Rio and Costa Vida’s ranch dressing. When you buy the ingredients for the taquitos, you will be able to use some of the leftovers for the dressing. It’s kind of perfect.
Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos / Lime-Cilantro Dressing
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 c. green salsa
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 c. cooked chicken shredded
- 1 c. pepper jack cheese grated
- 12-16 small corn or flour tortillas
- kosher/gourmet salt
- cooking spray
Cilantro-Lime Ranch Dressing
- 1 pack 1 oz. Hidden Valley Dressing Mix
- 1 c. mayo
- 1/2 c. milk
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 c. cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/4 c. green salsa
- 1 green onion stem green part, chopped
- To make the dressing, place milk, mayo, and ranch mix in a blender or food processor; add lime juice. Add garlic powder, cilantro, green salsa, and green onion; blend until combined. Make a few hours in advance so it can thicken up.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and lightly coat with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and heat 20-30 seconds, or until soft and easy to stir.
- Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic; stir to combine. Add cilantro and green onion. Add shredded chicken and cheese; combine well.
- Place three tortillas on a microwave safe plate and heat for 15-20 seconds, or until warm. Place about 2 Tbsp of chicken down the center of a tortilla, keeping away from the edges so the mixture doesn't come out during baking. Roll up the tortilla tightly and place seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken.
- Spray the tops of each taquito with cooking spray; sprinkle with kosher/gourmet salt. Bake 15-20 minutes at 425° F, or until crispy and the ends start to turn brown. Serve with prepared Cilantro-Lime Ranch Dressing.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
My mouth is watering just thinking about this recipe! I hope you love it as much as we do.
Looking for more chicken dinner ideas? Here are some of our favorites!
Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Grilled Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
Brit O'Connor says
Btw- I used flour tortillas (I’m not a big corn tortilla fan for some odd reason) and they turned out great! 🙂