Whenever I think about the food table at a summer barbecue with the family, there’s always a bowl of Mom’s jello salad sitting somewhere in the mix. Whenever it’s out to be served, it’s the first thing to run out. We always end up making a bigger bowl of it because it’s just so darn popular! It really is a perfect side dish for a barbecue or summer party. We serve this with burgers and hot dogs, deli sandwiches, pulled pork sandwiches, etc. It goes with just about everything!
And you can make this salad in all kinds of different ways. Not a huge fan of raspberries? Make it with strawberries or mandarin oranges instead! It’s such a yummy salad that takes only 5 minutes. Happiness is.
5-Minute Raspberry Jello Salad
- 1 16 oz container cottage cheese small curd
- 1 3 oz box raspberry jello powder raspberry jello powder
- 1 - 1 1/2 c. fresh raspberries
- 1 8 oz container Cool Whip thawed
- Place cottage cheese in the bottom of a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle jello powder over top.
- Stir jello and cottage cheese together; add raspberries and carefully stir to combine.
- Fold in the Cool Whip to combine with other ingredients. Be careful not to mix it too hard or too much so you don't thin it out.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. (I like to put it in a clean serving bowl for parties and get togethers.)