Every picnic and BBQ needs a good side dish! Green Pea Salad is easy and the perfect chilled side dish for just about any meal.
I am that mom at the grocery store who seems to be in survival mode as they’re pushing their young kids through the store while trying to get through the list. We usually end up with two or three open packages just so I can keep the two year old happy. It’s quite crazy. It’s also during this time that I’m frantically thinking, “What am I making for dinner?!” Recently I was on the prepared meals aisle when I spotted the lovely Stouffer’s label smiling back at me from a lot of packages and I knew my problems were solved for the evening.
I have every intention of making homemade meals for my family. It doesn’t happen as often as I’d like. A lot of people assume that we eat these fantastic meals all the time because I’m a food blogger and food is what I know and do. That’s definitely not the case! While homemade meals are the “golden standard” for many families, we live in a busy world where whipping up homemade dishes every night can be challenging. Stouffer’s Macaroni & Cheese is an easy solution that you can feel good about feeding your family. And my kids LOVE it!
Stouffer’s Mac & Cheese recipe includes real, simple ingredients, like freshly made pasta, cheddar cheese, milk and butter. My seven year old told me it was the best mac and cheese he’s ever had. And I’ve made him probably three different versions of homemade mac and cheese for him. Pretty sure we will be buying Stouffer’s from now on!
To build a balanced meal, use frozen prepared foods as your base and pair with an easy-to-make side dish made of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and/or low-fat dairy. Green Pea Salad is the perfect example! This salad is a chilled salad and only has four ingredients. And it only takes about 20 minutes to make! It’s kind of amazing.
Frozen prepared foods are a great time saver and there are so many new dishes and flavors to choose from. Stouffer’s Mac & Cheese is a great option for any day of the week. It’s so creamy and tastes like it took all kinds of time and ingredients to make. I love being able to feed this to my family and knowing that it has real ingredients for a balanced meal.
Green Pea Salad
- 1 12-14 oz bag frozen peas, thawed on the counter for 30 minutes
- 1 c. cheddar cheese cubed
- 6 slices bacon cooked and cut into pieces
- 1/3 c. light mayo
- This pea salad is super easy to make! But you don't want the peas to be too thawed or it will be hard to mix all the ingredients together. I like to get the peas out of the freezer then start cooking the bacon and cutting up the cheese. By that time the peas are the perfect texture for stirring together with the other ingredients.
- Once the peas are thawed and other ingredients are prepped, place peas, bacon, and cheese in a bowl. Gently stir to combine and top with mayo; gently stir to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least one hour before serving. Stir before serving and add more mayo, if desired.
Stouffer’s Mac & Cheese with Green Pea Salad is the perfect meal for the family! It’s easy, it’s balanced, and it’s delicious.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019