This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasterSweets #CollectiveBias
Perfectly thick and chewy sugar cookie bars cut into the shape and decorated like festive Easter eggs. A yummy springtime treat for the whole family!
It feels like the new year just started and already it’s time for Easter! I love this time of year and the celebration of new life. Our flowers are up and ready to greet the world! Easter baskets are so much fun to put together for loved ones. And I thought it would be so fun to make an Easter basket full of eatable Easter eggs covered in some of the best Easter candy.
I went to our local Target and found everything I need to make these fun Easter Egg Sugar Cookie Bars, including all the goodies to go on top! These candies made the cookie bars extra cute and festive. Not to mention extra tasty! M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake (sold exclusively at Target!), Easter DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs, and Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans were the favorite when decorating the eggs. And the M&M’s White Strawberry Shortcake are only available for a limited time! If you want to snag a bag for yourself, click here for MARS coupons and here for Wrigley coupons.
I found some other yummy treats at Target that will work great for these cookie bars and also for Easter baskets: Easter M&M’s Milk Chocolate, Easter DOVE Milk Chocolate (pictured above), DOVE Milk Chocolate Bunny, Starburst Jellybeans, Skittles and Starburst laydown bags, Skittles, Starburst and Orbit Eggs, Starburst Carrot (pictured above), and Skittles Bunny Topper.
This recipe is so fun for the whole family. My kids were dying to help me decorate the eggs. After making the frosting, you can divide it into different bowls and dye it the colors you’d like.
The difference between these cookie bars and a regular egg-shaped sugar cookie is that you don’t have to roll out dough and cut it out before baking them. You press all the dough and bake it in a cookie sheet like you would a sheet cake then cut the eggs out from there. They’re thick, chewy, and so good! You can use whatever size cookie cutter you would like for this recipe. I used a large cutter and made eight large Easter Egg Sugar Cookie Bars.
Place them in an Easter basket and give them to a friend!
Easter Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 c. butter softened at room temperature
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 5 c. flour
- egg shaped cookie cutter
For the Frosting:
- 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. butter softened at room temperature
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 3 Tbsp milk
- food coloring
- Easter M&M's White Strawberry Shortcake 8oz
- Easter DOVE Peanut Butter Eggs
- Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans
- Other Mars and Wrigley Easter candy
- Easter sprinkles
- Grease a standard rimmed cookie sheet (about 12x17) and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to be incorporated into the mixture. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add vanilla; mix well.
- Whisk together salt, baking soda, and flour in a medium bowl. Slowly add to the sugar mixture until just combined.
- Press the dough evenly into the greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Prepare frosting by using an electric hand mixer to beat the butter until smooth. Then add 2 Tbsp milk and almond extract; mix together.
- Add powdered sugar about a half cup at a time to avoid a mess. Add 1 Tbsp milk and combine.
- Divide frosting into desired amount of bowls. Add coloring to each bowl of frosting and mix well to color it.
- Use an egg-shaped cookie cutter and press into baked sugar cookie bars. Remove to frost and decorate as desired.
Target Super Stores will be hosting a sampling event March 20th where you can try these yummy candies!
What kind of Easter treat would you like to get in an Easter basket?
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019
- Halloween Dipped Oreos - September 17, 2019