A sweet peanut butter bar is topped with decadent milk chocolate and served up lunchroom style. A no-bake blast from the past!
You know the ones. Those magical bars of peanut butter goodness topped with a layer of crunchy chocolate. I always knew when one of those babies showed up on my lunch tray that it was going to be a good day. They were my favorite dessert! If you’ve been missing that lunchroom treat as much as I have, it is indeed your lucky day. I have an easy recipe that will take you back to the good old days of good old fashioned, home-cooked elementary school food.
I had so may favorite lunches at Lincoln Elementary School in Idaho Falls, ID. Chili with homemade cinnamon rolls, mashed potatoes with turkey gravy and homemade chocolate cake…So much goodness came from that cafeteria! But not many things could be the delectable peanut butter bar.
Lunchroom Peanut Butter Bars
- ¾ c. butter
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 12 graham crackers crushed into crumbs
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with aluminum foil so foil hangs over the edges so bars can easily be removed. Set aside.
- Place butter in the microwave and heat for 1 minute, or until melted.
- Stir in graham crackers, powdered sugar, and peanut butter and stir until well combined. Press mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds. Stir, then heat for another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over peanut butter bars and spread smoothly and evenly over top. Allow to cool for three hours then cut the bars while the chocolate is still soft. Cover and serve when the chocolate has hardened.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
For National Peanut Butter Day today, I’ve got a pretty fantastic round up for you! Over 10 of the yummiest most mouthwatering peanut butter recipes that will make you want to cook and bake your way through. These recipes aren’t messing around! Enjoy!
Three Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue // Tried and Tasty
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies // Sugar & Soul
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie // Dessert Now Dinner Later
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes // The Love Nerds
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Granola Bites // A Kitchen Addiction
Thai Peanut Skillet Chicken // Eazy Peazy Mealz
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cakes // Lemon Tree Dwelling
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies // Like Mother Like Daughter
Lunchroom Peanut Butter Bars // Cupcake Diaries
Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Tart // A Dash of Sanity
Peanut Butter Banana Bread // One Sweet Appetite
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019