This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
Game day is the ultimate in food parties for a lot of people. You want to have the best dishes for the Big Game! Not only do they need to taste good, they need to come together quickly and easily. Who wants to be in the kitchen all day when you can be in front of the TV getting ready for the game with your friends? This Queso French Bread recipe is super easy and makes game day food prep a total breeze.
Walmart has everything you’ll need for this recipe. The french bread loaf can be found in the bakery with all the other fresh bread goodies.
Ro*TEL is another convenient part of this recipe. My favorite, and what I use for this recipe, is the original with diced tomatoes and green chilies. You can find Ro*TEL on the same aisle as the other canned tomatoes.
ConAgra products make it so easy to prepare easy game day recipes!
This recipe is fabulously easy to prepare. Just what you want for game day! Begin by placing the melting cheese and Ro*TEL in a microwave safe bowl to melt together in the microwave and make the queso. You’ll want to cut the cheese into chunks so it melts easier.
While the queso is in the microwave, cut the loaf of french bread in half down the center to make two even halves.
HERE’S A BREAD-CUTTING HACK: Use a long knife to cut through the bread for a smooth and easy cut job. If the blade is longer than the width of the loaf, it can go through the bread faster than a shorter knife hacking its way through.
The queso is ready when it’s smooth and creamy. All ready to slather onto that bread!
Time to slather that cheesy, tomatoey goodness over the bread. Don’t be shy about it!
Time for more cheese! So yummy. Then place the bread in the oven to melt the cheese and crisp up the bread. In just minutes you have an incredibly tasty appetizer for your party.
Queso French Bread
- 1 loaf Walmart bakery french bread
- 1 10oz can Ro*TEL Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 16oz package melting cheese
- 1-2 c. monterrey jack cheese grated
- Cut melting cheese into cubes and place in a microwave safe bowl. Pour Ro*TEL right over top and stir together.
- Place in the microwave and heat for 3 minutes. Stir and heat for 2 more minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- Cut the french bread loaf into two equal halves. Place on a baking sheet and spread queso over each side. Sprinkle with grated cheese and place in the oven on broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is crispy.
- Cut into small slices and serve.
You can’t go wrong with this recipe for game day! What will you make with ConAgra products for the Big Game?
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021