My favorite part of this dish is the baked cheesiness that goes on top. I love the flavor and texture of pasta that’s been baking in the oven under a pile of cheese. I can’t even type that without drooling!
Baked Italian Sausage Rotini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb uncooked ground Italian sausage
- 1 lb box rotini pasta
- 1 24oz can or bottle spaghetti sauce
- 2 c. mozzarella cheese grated and divided
- Prepare meatballs by rolling uncooked sausage into 3/4 - 1 inch balls. Place garlic and olive oil in a large saute pan and cook for one minute. Add meatballs and cook till browned.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water. Strain and rinse the pasta then place in a large bowl; add meatballs. Pour spaghetti sauce and 1 cup cheese directly over the pasta and meatballs. Stir together well.
- Pour pasta mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 375° for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with last cup of cheese. Bake uncovered 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019
- Halloween Dipped Oreos - September 17, 2019