When I was in my early twenties I worked as a server at an Italian restaurant. Oftentimes on Friday and Saturday nights we would head to another restaurant after our shifts ended and we would order food and drinks and talk about the night. One of my very favorite things to order when we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant was a cheesy plate of nachos. I was recently asked by Sargento® to create a Mexican style dish featuring the Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican blend at my Kroger store. I immediately thought of a hot plate of cheesy nachos! I headed to our local Smith’s and quickly found Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican blend. One package was perfect for the nachos. Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican blends add a creamy, smooth flavor to any Mexican style dish. It has that off-the-block freshness that makes a really big difference in this recipe. It is the essence of the nachos and added the best flavor and ooey gooeyness! Along with fresh toppings, Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican blends made this nachos absolutely delicious and restaurant quality. As soon as the pork roast was done cooking in the crock pot, we started on building the nachos. Find a plate/platter and place corn chips on it to cover. Then sprinkle Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican blends all over the chips. Don’t be shy! Then top with shredded pork, tomatoes, black beans, and more cheese. It’s all about that cheese! Add another layer of cheese, pork, tomatoes, black beans, and more cheese. Then top with sliced jalapeno and place in the oven on broil. Top with sour cream and scarf! Just look at that cheese stretch. I mean, can you get any better? These nachos were heavenly! Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican blends is the perfect cheese for nachos. Sweet Pork Nachos makes 1 plate of nachos serves 2-3 Ingredients
- 2-3 pound pork roast
- 3 Tbsp salt
- 1 (12 oz) cola
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 small can green chillies
- salt, to taste
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican blends
- 1 can black beans
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 (8oz) container sour cream
- fresh cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- Place pork roast in a crock pot. Combine 1/4 c. brown sugar and cola; pour over roast and set crock pot to high high. Cook for 3/12 – 4 hours.
- In a blender, combine enchilada sauce, minced garlic, green chillies, and 3/4 c. brown sugar; set aside. Remove roast from crock pot and shred. Pour blended mixture over the pork and mix together. Add salt, to taste.
- Cover a plate or plate with a layer of chips. Top with Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican blends, desired amount of shredded pork, tomatoes, black beans, and more cheese. Add one more layer of chips and top with cheese, shredded pork, tomatoes, black beans, and more cheese. Top with sliced jalapeno and place in the oven on low broil until the cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and fresh cilantro.
Look for Specially Marked Packages of Sargento® Shredded Cheese for $1 Savings at your local Kroger.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and texts are all mine.
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021