I started this post then erased probably five or six times because I had no clue what to say about this salad. It is just SO. GOOD! This is one of those salads that when you have some free time during the day and all the kids are asleep, you just want to get a slice of this and sit down to catch up on “Downtown Abbey.”
The layers combined are perfect together with all their different textures. This salad reminds me so much of cheesecake. It’s just delicious! And it’s just sweet enough that it can be used as a dessert.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 c. broken up pretzels
- 3/4 c. melted butter
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 (8oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
TOP LAYER INGREDIENTS:
- 2 (3oz) packages strawberry gelatin jello mix
- 2 c. boiling water
- 2 (10oz) packages frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple
- whipped cream or Cool Whip, to garnish (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
For the crust, combine pretzels, butter, and 3 Tbsp sugar in a medium bowl. Press the mixture into a greased 9×13 pan and bake for 7 minutes at 400 degrees. Set aside to cool.
For the filling, beat together the cream cheese and 3/4 cup of sugar. Fold in the whipped topping and spread over the cooled crust. Cover it with tin foil and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours. (I like to do this part and leave it overnight.)
For the top layer, dissolve the gelatin in boiling water and allow it to cool for a couple minutes. Add the strawberries and pineapple then pour over the cream cheese layer. Leave it in the fridge till ready to serve. Serve with a dollop of whipped topping, if desired.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020