Yesterday I shared my shopping journey for Smucker’s Fruit and Honey Fruit Spread. Today I’m sharing the recipe I made using that fabulous fruit spread! These thumbprint cookies are so great for any occasion. Bridal showers, holiday parties, or just a Sunday afternoon. They’re so yummy!
When I first opened this cute little jar, I took a small taste and realized I wanted to eat the whole thing with a spoon. It is so much better than any fruit spread I’ve bought at the store! I felt like I was on vacation and bought a jar from a farm I just toured. I’ll for sure being using this spread on my toast in the morning.
These cookies come together really quickly and the fruit spread really enhances the look and the flavor.
Fruit Spread Thumbprint Cookies
- 3 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. cold butter cut into small cubes
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 jar Smucker's Fruit and Honey Strawberry Fruit Spread
- Begin by placing flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of your stand mixer. Whisk with a handheld whisk.
- Add paddle attachment and slowly add butter to the mixture. Mix until butter is well blended.
- Add eggs and mix until dough forms. Form dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate one hour.
- Form one-inch dough balls and place on a greased cookie sheet 12 at a time. Use your thumb to press down and make a shallow bowl on each cookie. If the dough cracks, use your finger to smooth it out. Fill each cookie with 1/2 tsp. Smucker's Fruit and Honey Strawberry Fruit Spread.
- Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack. Enjoy!
I’m ready to head back to the store and snag the Blueberry Lemon flavor of this yummy spread! That will go great on waffles. What will you make with this yummy spread when you get your hands on it?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company®. The opinions and text are all mine. #FruitandHoney