A creamy soda is swirled with sweet strawberry syrup and served over ice. This is the perfect drink for summer!
When I worked at an Italian restaurant I loved making Italian cream sodas. They were so yummy and by far the most popular specialty drink at the restaurant. With today being National Strawberries and Cream Day, I thought it only appropriate to go back to my restaurant days and make a Strawberries and Cream Soda.
These Strawberries and Cream Sodas are extra special because of the fresh strawberry goodness inside. We’re talking fresh strawberries made into a delicious and smooth syrup that can be used for not only these sodas, but also ice cream, brownies, pancakes, and whatever else you want to put it on. It’s so versatile and yummy! This recipe is so fun to serve at a party, to cool off on a warm summer day, or just for a quiet Sunday afternoon. You’re going to love how easy they are to make and the minimal ingredients you’re going to need!
Strawberries and Cream Sodas
- 4 15-16oz beverage glasses
- 1 c. fresh strawberries finely chopped
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. half and half
- Prepare strawberry syrup by placing sugar and water in a saucepan. Heat over medium-high till boiling and sugar is dissolved. Add strawberries, stir, and boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. (Syrup can be made ahead of time for quick serving of beverages.)
- Pour cooled strawberry syrup into a food chopper or blender and blend till smooth. Fill beverage glasses halfway full with ice then fill 2/3 full with Sprite. Add 3 Tbsp strawberry syrup to each glass and divide half and half evenly amongst the glasses. Garnish with a fresh strawberry and serve with a straw.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021