Copycat Johnny Carino's Spicy Shrimp and Chicken Pasta
- 13-16 oz penne pasta
- 2 8oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 20 medium raw shrimp peeled, tail removed and cleaned
- 1 c. fresh button mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1 c. sundried tomatoes sliced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. Romano cheese grated (Italian blend cheese works great, too.)
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the sliced chicken to a saute pan on medium heat and cook through. Set aside when cooked.
- Begin cooking pasta according to package directions.
- When the pasta is close to being finished, add butter to the same saute pan used to cook the chicken and melt on medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add shrimp, chicken, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, onions, salt and pepper.
- Saute the mixture until shrimp and mushrooms are cooked. Shrimp should be pink.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, drain the excess water but don’t rinse it. Set aside.
- In the empty pot used to cook the pasta, add the cream, Romano cheese, and cayenne pepper. Let the cream reduce by half while stirring frequently.
- Add the meat and veggie mixture to the sauce and stir together. Add the pasta and stir all together. Serve and enjoy!
Have you tried my copycat version of Johnny Carino’s Bowtie Festival? It’s one of the most popular dishes at the restaurant!
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021