This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #OREOCookieBalls
I’ll never forget the first time I tried an OREO cookie ball. It was in my Interpersonal Communications class at BYU-Idaho and one of the students doing a group presentation handed out individual baggies of these heavenly little cookie balls to the entire class. And my life was changed forever!
My biggest regret that semester was not getting the recipe to those amazing little OREO Cookie Balls. Then the following Christmas, my dear cousin brought an entire container full of them to the family Christmas party. I could have cried! It’s safe to say that I had more than my fair share of OREO Cookie Balls that night. I immediately snagged the super easy recipe from her (as did everybody else) and have been making them ever since.
My kids love helping me make OREO Cookie Balls and were thrilled when I told them we were going to make some into snowmen. We’ll be putting them on our neighbor treat plates this year and couldn’t wait to make a batch!
You only need three ingredients for OREO Cookie Balls. That’s it! And you can make so many different flavors with all the different OREO options out there. My favorite are the mint OREOs. Walmart was a popular place for OREOs that night! I had to wait for a crowd to move before I snapped this picture. And I was scared I wouldn’t get a package of the mint! Only three left. Phew!
Besides the three ingredients needed to make the actual cookie balls, we need little extras for our snowmen. I bought OREO Mini and chocolate covered caramel candies for the hats, black decorating gel for the eyes and mouth, and I added orange food coloring to some canned vanilla frosting for the noses. Place the orange frosting in a plastic baggy and snip a tiny piece off one of the corners to squeeze out the frosting.
Once you’ve got the OREO Cookie Balls put together, add two dots for the eyes and five for the smile with the black decorating gel. Then use the baggy of orange frosting to squeeze out a little nose. After that you can use leftover vanilla frosting to glue half a piece of OREO Mini to the bottom of a chocolate covered caramel candy to make the hat. Glue the hat onto the cookie ball using more frosting.
You want to know the beautiful thing about these Snowman OREO Cookie Balls? You can’t mess them up. If you have any OREO Cookie Balls that don’t turn out quite as pretty, just turn them into melted snowmen! Too fun!
Snowman OREO Cookie Balls
OFFICIAL OREO COOKIE BALL RECIPE:
- 1 8 oz brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO cookies finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. 4 oz each semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Substitute semi-sweet baking chocolate with six squares of almond bark.
- 1 3.5 oz container OREO mini
- 1 tube black decorating gel
- vanilla frosting
- orange food coloring
- mini sized chocolate covered caramel candies
MAKE THE OREO COOKIE BALLS:
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- Customize it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Share and enjoy!
OPTIONAL SNOWMAN DECORATION:
- While cookie balls are in the refrigerator, prepare other ingredients to decorate like snowmen. Add orange food coloring to vanilla frosting to make the noses and place in a plastic baggy. Snip a tiny piece off the corner so only a little comes out when squeezing. Separate the OREO minis and remove chocolate caramel candies from packaging.
- Decorate cookie balls to look like snowmen. Use the black decorating gel to make eyes and mouth. Add a nose using orange frosting. Using extra vanilla frosting, glue a chocolate covered caramel candy to half an OREO mini to make the hats. Glue onto snowmen with vanilla frosting.
Our neighbors are going to love these Snowman OREO Cookie Balls! If you love OREO Cookie Balls as much as I do, be sure to join the #OREOCookieBall Pinterest party taking place on Saturday, December 6 at 12pm ET. It’s going to be a blast!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020