This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Hillshire Farm, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #nohasslesavorymeal https://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Hearty sausage is sliced and tossed with green peppers, onions, zesty marinara sauce, and spaghetti in this quick and filling meal. You won’t believe how easy this is to make!
Springtime means spring sports at our house. Our weeknights are all of a sudden full of soccer and baseball practice along with other regular weeknight events. It can get a little crazy! I recently made this Sausage Skillet Pasta for my family using Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage and it was absolutely delicious. And it took only minutes to prepare! My parents were here when we made it and my dad was thrilled when I gave him the leftovers to take home.
I went grocery shopping at our local Kroger store and easily found Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage in the meat section. They were having a 2-for-$5 deal so I snagged this and an all beef smoked sausage. I’m excited to try the other one as well! (Between 3/30-4/19/16 you can pick up 2 Hillshire Farm sausages for only $5 while supplies last.)
You’re about to see just how awesome this is to make! So easy and quick. Start cooking the spaghetti and then slice your green peppers, onion, and sausage.
Then throw them in a large saute pan together and saute till the sausage is brown and the onions are clear and soft. The sausage is pre-cooked so at this point we’re just getting everything hot. Easy, right?
Next you will add the cooked and drained pasta to the saute pan and add marinara sauce. Toss everything together and serve with some cheese on top. That is seriously it!
This meal took about 20 minutes from beginning to end. It was pretty fantastic. And I didn’t have to stand there and constantly stir something, so I was able to step away to help the kids if I needed to.
This dish makes about 4-6 servings for the family to enjoy. Store any leftovers in the fridge to enjoy for later.
Sausage Skillet Pasta
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1 package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage
- 2 green peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 c. marinara sauce
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese grated, to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add spaghetti. While the pasta is cooking, slice sausage, green peppers (clear out seeds and white part), and onions. Place in a large saute pan and heat over medium until sausage is browned and onion is soft.
- Strain and rinse cooked spaghetti then place in the saute pan. Add marinara sauce and toss together with spaghetti, sausage, and vegetables to heat. Top with Parmesan and serve.
Head to your local Kroger store and pick up these ingredients for a fast and delicious meal for your family. No stress required! I hope you love it as much as we do.
Find more Hillshire Farm recipes by clicking here!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - February 12, 2020
- Homemade Dipped Oreos for Valentine’s Day - February 7, 2020
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019