Having a newborn in our home again has been wonderful, but busy! And because of how crazy life has been lately, I’ve called on some of my favorite bloggers to share some pretty fabulous recipes with you over the coming weeks.
Today, one of my blogging besties is here sharing an amazing recipe that I’m really hoping she’ll make for me one of these days and just “randomly” show up at my door. 😉 Amber from Dessert Now, Dinner Later is one of the most talented foodies I know and really knows her stuff. The recipes she creates are unique and contain step-by-step directions for easy completion. Check out her blog!
Hi friends! My name is Amber and I blog at Dessert Now, Dinner Later where no one will judge you if you eat your dessert before dinner-time! 🙂 Although my motto is dessert first, I’m bringing you dinner today! This Pesto Gnocchi and Sausage with Peppers whips up in 30 minutes or less for a vibrant, hearty, Italian dinner!
Meaty smoked sausage, tender bell peppers, and plump potato gnocchi come together in this dish to be tossed in a basil pesto sauce! And let me tell you, the sauce I used is store-bought and oh so delicious! I was completely impressed by this refrigerated Basil Pesto Sauce from Three Bridges! It’s so vibrant and green! It looks and tastes fresh, plus you can read everything on the ingredients label! Loved it!
Our family is already excited to have this on the dinner menu again! Quick, easy, and delicious…you just can’t beat that! I hope you try this for dinner sometime soon!
Pesto Gnocchi with Sausage and Peppers
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 13 oz smoked sausage sliced
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 16 oz gnocchi
- 4 Tbsp basil pesto
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set a pot of water on the stove to boil for the gnocchi.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté garlic until fragrant; about 30 seconds. Add smoked sausage and cook until starting to brown.
- Add the sliced peppers and cook for another 5 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, boil gnocchi until it floats, about 3 minutes. Drain and add to the skillet.
- Add pesto and toss everything together. Season additionally with salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese.
© DESSERT NOW, DINNER LATER! All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Want more Italian inspired dishes?
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021