Hello Cupcake Diary readers! My name is Jesseca and I am so excited to be here today from One Sweet Appetite!
Just a little about me before we get to the good stuff… I love food, cooking, the color green, my family, and traveling. On my site you can get a little bit of all of those things (except maybe the color green)! I try to focus on family friendly recipes that are quick and easy to whip together. Each of plate of food is put in front of a panel of judges that include my wonderful husband and picky five year old… Which means you know they all have the official stamp of approval! Hopefully you’ll love this easy microwave popcorn as much as I do and visit my site for some more recipe sharing fun!
Microwave Caramel Corn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels popped (about 12 cups)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Start by preheating your oven to 250 degrees and lining a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine the brown sugar, honey, and butter in a large measuring cup. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for two minutes more. Stir again and return to the microwave for the final two minutes of heating. Slowly mix in the vanilla and baking soda.
- Place the popcorn into a large bowl. Drizzle the caramel over the top and toss to coat. Spread onto your baking sheet.
- Cook for 30 minutes stirring once halfway through. Cool and enjoy!
This caramel corn is so addicting. We always make at least a double batch (if not more). It’s great to snack on or to give away to friends and family for fun little treats! It also gives your house a great sweet smell while it’s in the oven!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020