Summer is pretty much over, let’s face it. Is it just me or did this summer cruise right on by? I am happy to say that around here we’re still having nice summer weather, which means we can keep our grill out a little longer. We recently used it for Grilled Bruschetta Chicken and I have to say…this dish is SOOOO good! It is one of my favorite things I’ve made for dinner yet. I could eat it everyday if I could. So while your grill is still out, make this. You’re going to love it! Big thanks to Jamie for this picture of the finished product! This picture is just too pretty!
(Don’t have a grill? No worries! You can cook the chicken in a saute pan, bake it, or you can use a stove top grill. I need to get me one of those, they’re awesome.)
My little family is moving in less than two weeks and we will be closer to her. I am so excited to be closer to Grandma!
Grandma, if you’re reading this recipe today I just want you to know how much I love you and that I hope you had a fabulous birthday! Can’t wait to see you more often!
Jamie Cooks it Up!
makes 4-5 servings
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (Not big ones, just the medium size or even small ones will work great.)
- 1 c. Italian dressing (I love the Kraft Italian dressing!)
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes (I haven’t been able to find grape tomatoes for months so I used two large tomatoes.)
- 3 cloves of garlic (You can use minced instead of you don’t like to use fresh. You’ll need 1/8 tsp. of minced garlic for every clove.)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar (Optional – We are not balsamic fans so we used an extra bit of olive oil instead. My besty Ashlee is going to love this recipe because she loves balsamic vinegar!)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 2 c. mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Chop the tomatoes and put them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Peel the garlic and chop it into rough pieces. Throw that in with the tomatoes.
- Chop up the basil and throw it in with the tomatoes and garlic.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar then drizzle the olive oil over top of that.
- Sprinkle with some salt and pepper then stir it up and taste it. It’s delicious, you’ll want to eat it by itself! If your tomatoes are lacking in sweetness just add a little bit of sugar.
After the bruschetta is made, grate the cheeses and get your water going to cook the spaghetti. Throw the spaghetti in the water to cook then go out to the grill and cook the chicken over medium high heat.
Let it sit there for about 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly. Toss the cooked pasta with butter and put it on a serving platter or dish or portioned out onto plates. Cover the pasta with the chicken and bruschetta. Make sure you get all the juices as well! Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
There is still time to enter last week’s giveaways! The winners will be announced on Wednesday.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020