Whenever I’ve seen mint brownies at a party, they’re always the first dessert to go. At the last party I went to where these brownies were present, I hid one because I was afraid I wouldn’t get one. ha! Today is National Mint Chocolate Day so I thought it would be a fabulous idea to make a batch of these lovely brownies and pass the goodness onto you.
Fun fact for the day: My dad calls these brownies toothpaste brownies. Haha Oh Dad. You kill me.
These brownies are the perfect treat to celebrate National Mint Chocolate Day! The brownies are so perfectly chewy and chocolatey. With a layer of mint frosting and crunchy chocolate, you’ve got yourself a perfect dessert. These brownies are heaven!
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. butter melted
- 6 T. cocoa
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
For the mint frosting:
- 1/2 c. butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- 2 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 4 drops green food coloring
For the chocolate layer:
- 1 heaping c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a stand mixer or electric hand mixer. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and cocoa. Mix together until combined.
- Add flour one cup at a time and mix until combined.
- Pour batter in a greased 9x13 pan and bake 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Place butter for frosting in a medium bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer to creamy. Add 2 Tbsp milk, mint extract, and food coloring; mix well.
- Mix in powdered sugar 1/2 c. at a time. Add remaining 1/2 Tbsp milk and mix together.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies; cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Place semisweet chocolate chips and 1/4 c. butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 20 seconds, stir, heat for 20 more seconds, then stir again until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over chilled brownies. Cover and place in the fridge to the chocolate hardens. Cut with a sharp knife to serve. Enjoy!
And because it’s a national food holiday, I’ve teamed up with some of my blogger friends to give you over 10 chocolate mint recipes! This is a round up that makes me want to drool. Click the links below the main image to be directed to the recipes!
Chocolate Mint Macaroons from Ashlee Marie
Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies from Creations by Kara
Copycat Thin Mints from Like Mother, Like Daughter
Mint Chocolate Krispie Treats from Butter with a Side of Bread
Mint Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding from Tried and Tasty
Chocolate Mint Layered Smoothie from Happy Food Healthy Life
Mint Brownies from Cupcake Diaries
Double Chocolate Mint Cookies from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Peppermint Fudge from Summer Scraps
Mint Chocolate Chip Sundae Bars from Real Mom Kitchen
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
These are a favorite at our house! My son actually requested them last week, but I’ve been putting him off because I can NOT stop eating them!
Aimee @ Like mother like daughter says
These are one of my favorite ways to have brownies and yours look totally perfect!
Mmm… My favorite. These look as beautiful and tasty as BYU’s mint brownies, which we all know are “world” famous! Fun recipe!
Thanks, Angee! That’s quite the compliment!! I LOVE the BYU brownies.
Natalie @ Life Made Simple says
YUMMM! Mint brownies are one of my favorite treats… and these look perfect!
Thanks, Natalie! It was so fun seeing you this weekend!!
Jessica LouLouGirls says
Hi Alli! It was so nice meeting you this weekend at BYBC! Your business cards were so cute and creative.
These brownies look absolutely delicious. I LOVE anything with mint and chocolate. We would love for you to link them up at our party tonight. We pin and tweet every entry. 🙂
Thanks, Jessica! You girls are the greatest. So fun meeting you!!
Lou Lou Girls says
Super yummy recipe! This looks so amazing. Pinned and tweeted. We love to party with you, so I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm.. Have an amazing day! Lou Lou Girls
congrats di!! i’ve visited ur blog aosmlt everyday for about a year now and i have to say u r sooo unique! u definitely have inspired me to start my own blog. thank you for being an inspiration <3
Raquel! Oh my goodness, this comment made my day!! I’m really sorry I didn’t see it sooner. Thank you again for the sweet words!