Happy October! October is my favorite month and I just want to make fall food like crazy all month long. Let’s be honest, that’s what I do. And most of the time there’s no reason for making it. It’s just all so good!
One of my favorite fall treats is apple crisp. You can’t beat a hot bowl of apple crisp topped with creamy vanilla ice cream. Yum! This recipe is really easy to put together and it tastes like fall. I had a hard time not eating the entire dish myself. It’s so good!
Easy Apple Crisp
- 5 Granny Smith apples peeled and diced into small chunks
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c. water
For the Crumble:
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. quick oats
- 1 c. butter softened
- Combine apple pieces, sugar, cinnamon, flour, lemon juice, and water in mixing bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, brown sugar, quick oats, butter to form the crumble.
- Pour apple mixture into an ungreased 8x8 baking dish. Cover evenly with crumble.
- Bake 350° for 45 minutes, or until crumble turns light golden brown and apple mixture starts to bubble. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
So good!! This will be a regular for us during the fall.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
How far ahead can i prep and refrigerate for this? It looks so yummy!
Hi Debbie! If you did it the night before you would be in great condition. Any more than that and it might get a little yucky. Great question!
Debbie D says
well I must share with you I had a tough crowd last night.. 2 of my friends husbands.. both ladies awesome southern cooks and on a sisters trip to Nashville.. I think Danny might be moving in and the other guy asked for seconds 🙂
That is the best! Thanks so much for sharing, Debbie! So glad they liked it.