Happy October! October is my favorite month and I just want to make fall food like crazy all month long. Let’s be honest, that’s what I do. And most of the time there’s no reason for making it. It’s just all so good!
One of my favorite fall treats is apple crisp. You can’t beat a hot bowl of apple crisp topped with creamy vanilla ice cream. Yum! This recipe is really easy to put together and it tastes like fall. I had a hard time not eating the entire dish myself. It’s so good!
Easy Apple Crisp
- 5 Granny Smith apples peeled and diced into small chunks
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c. water
For the Crumble:
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. quick oats
- 1 c. butter softened
- Combine apple pieces, sugar, cinnamon, flour, lemon juice, and water in mixing bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, brown sugar, quick oats, butter to form the crumble.
- Pour apple mixture into an ungreased 8x8 baking dish. Cover evenly with crumble.
- Bake 350° for 45 minutes, or until crumble turns light golden brown and apple mixture starts to bubble. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
So good!! This will be a regular for us during the fall.