Halloween breakfast just got really colorful! Colorful Halloween Pancakes are the perfect way to start your Halloween holiday.
When I made this colorful stack of Halloween Pancakes my kids came in the kitchen and couldn’t belive what they were seeing. They thought these pancakes were the coolest things ever. I’m not going to lie, I had a lot of fun making these pancakes!
The key to getting the vibrant color of the pancakes is to get the batter just as vibrant. After making the batter, divide it into four bowls and color each one with neon green food coloring, purple food coloring, black food coloring, and orange food coloring. A little goes a long way so start with a small amount and mix really well.
And the key to getting even colors on the pancakes is to not cook them on too high of heat a nice medium-low (about 250°F) will allow them to cook slowly without getting a brown color on the outside.
Then you can stack and serve them how you like! They’re so much fun for Halloween breakfast or even Halloween dinner.
Colorful Halloween Pancakes
- 2 c. flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- neon green food coloring
- orange food coloring
- black food coloring
- purple food coloring
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla; add to flour mixture.
- Divide batter into four bowls and add a different color of food coloring to each bowl. Add the food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Heat a griddle over medium-low heat (about 250°F). Pour 1/4 c. batter on to heated griddle; flip when bubbles begin to pop. Continue to cook for another minute, or until the other side is cooked. You will get three pancakes in each color. Serve and enjoy!
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed to make this recipe:
I hope you love these Colorful Halloween Pancakes!
Come back tomorrow for a whole new Halloween recipe. You don’t want to miss it!
If you like this recipe, you just might like these Halloween goodies!
This recipe is part of “30 Days of Halloween” 2017 here at Cupcake Diaries.
Take a look below at the other fun and festive recipes featured in this year’s series!
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020
- Lemon Lush Dessert - April 22, 2020