This is the treat for Harry Potter fans! Butterbeer Krispy Treats are so chewy and full of that butterbeer flavor. Perfect for a Harry Potter party!
Six years ago my twin sister threw a Harry Potter-themed party to celebrate his birthday on July 31st. We were all sorted into our different houses, played some Harry Potter trivia, and ate all kinds of Harry Potter-themed food. It was such a blast! And let’s not forget how much I love traveling to Universal Studios to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Oh heavens, that’s my happy place. Every year I share a new Harry Potter-themed recipe as part of the Happy Harry Potter series at Rae Gun Ramblings. In the past I have shared Gryffindor Popcorn and a tasty and refreshing Butterbeer Freeze. This year I’m keeping with the butterbeer theme and sharing this fun and easy recipe for Butterbeer Krispy Treats. This is the perfect treat for any Harry Potter party!
Tonight my seven year old asked me which one of the Harry Potter books is my favorite. That is such a hard question for me! I still haven’t given him an answer. I think I need to read them all again to make that final decision. It’s such a fantastic series!
I absolutely love making different kinds of krispy treats and have really loved each one that I’ve made and shared with you. This recipe is by far the best when it comes to that perfect combination of chewy and gooey. And I love that even though they’re gooey they aren’t messy at all because of that fantastic butterscotch and white chocolate combo on the bottom.
Butterbeer Krispy Treats are so perfect for a Harry Potter party. They come together quickly and you can make them the same days as your party. It’s butterbeer in a perfectly chewy treat!
Butterbeer Krispy Treats
- 1/4 c. butter plus 1 Tbsp to grease pan
- 1 1/2 bags mini marshmallows 10 oz bags
- 1/3 c. butterscotch ice cream topping
- 6 c. rice krispies cereal
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 c. butterscotch chips
- Use a paper towel and 1 Tbsp butter to grease a 9x13 pan; set aside. Melt 1/4 c. butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Pour into a large mixing bowl and place marshmallows right over top. Add butterscotch topping and mix together to coat marshmallows.
- Place bowl in microwave and heat for 30 seconds; remove from microwave and stir. Heat for 30 more seconds and stir again until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour cereal into melted marshmallows mixture. Stir until cereal is coated. Press treat mixture into greased pan, getting your hand wet first to avoid get the mixture stuck on your hand. Cover with aluminum foil and place in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Cut treats into 15-20 squares and place upside down on wax paper. Pour white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips into a microwave safe bowl; heat for 45 seconds then stir. Heat for another 45 seconds and stir again, until chips are melted.
- Dip the bottom of each treat into the melted chips and place upside down on the wax paper to cool. Serve when chocolate has completely cooled. Enjoy!
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
I hope you love these treats! I love Harry Potter-themed treats and these are definitely in my top three favorites.
Looking for more Harry Potter recipes? Here are more of my favorites!
This post contains affiliate links. I include these links to help you find the products that I used in the recipe. If you purchase an item from the link, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Thank you for your support!
- Microwave Single-Serve Bread Pudding - June 8, 2020
- Orange Julius (Just Like the Mall!) - April 29, 2020
- 10+ Fun Summer Beverage Recipe Ideas (Kid-Friendly!) - April 24, 2020