One of my family’s favorite things to eat for dinner is breakfast. It’s always a no-fail meal for the kids when we have some kind of breakfast food at dinnertime! And in the case of this Blueberry Breakfast Cake, we hit one right out of the park. The kids were in heaven! (“What? Cake for dinner, Mom?”) Talk about a thrill for a four year old.
This cake tastes like a yummy homemade blueberry muffin. And it doesn’t hurt that it comes with a little crumble on top! Yum!
We served our Blueberry Breakfast Cake with scrambled eggs and sausage. It was a perfect breakfast-for-dinner meal!
Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 c. flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 3 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. With a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Add the egg and vanilla; mix till combined. In a separate bowl, 3 1/2 c. whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Place blueberries in a small bowl and toss with 1/2 c. flour. Add the flour mixture a little at a time to the sugar mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Prepare topping by placing flour and both sugars in a small bowl. Cut up the butter into small pieces and mix with sugar with fingers until it turns into a crumble.
- Place batter in a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with topping and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a butter knife inserted comes out clean.
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021
Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later! says
I love to eat cake for breakfast, especially when it has blueberries!
Aimee @ like mother like daughter says
We love breakfast for sinner. Especially when it means I can get away with eating cake for dinner!!
Becky @ lovetobeinthekitchen says
My kids love breakfast for dinner too! And they love blueberries. This recipe is perfect. Thanks!