Growing up my mom was a pro at making kid-friendly dinners. She had quite the list of ideas for dinners that made everybody happy. One of my favorite meals growing up was American Tacos. I loved the idea of building my own dinner all by myself, plus the added bonus of it tasting amazing. I make these for my little family and they’re a big hit. Thanks, Mom!
I spent the weekend with my family in Idaho at my grandparents’ cabin and we had these for dinner the first night. I loved eating this with my family, just like when we were kids! Awesome weekend.
- Fritos corn chips
- canned or homemade chili prepared and hot
- cheddar cheese grated
- fresh tomato diced
- lettuce shredded
- black olives sliced
- Place 1 c. Fritos on a plate. Then pour 1/2 c. chili right over top of the chips.
- Top with other ingredients listed above.
- (Measurements will depend on how much you want to eat! Enjoy!)
Check out these other favorite kid friendly recipes!
- 14 Days of Valentine’s Day with FREE Printable Tags - January 20, 2023
- The Very Best Appetizers for New Year’s Eve - December 17, 2022
- Black and White Spider Web Cupcakes - September 10, 2021