Oh my heart! It’s September 1st!! Cupcake Diaries “30 Days of Halloween” 2016 is officially underway and I’m over here in Northern Utah doing a happy dance. I’m kicking off the series in a sweet way with a treat that’s perfect for any Halloween gathering. Featuring festive M&M’s, candy corn, Halloween sprinkles, pretzels, and candy eyeballs, Halloween Chex Treat makes a wonderfully massive bowl of gooey goodness to serve to a crowd.
I don’t think there’s anything better than making Halloween recipes in August. When mid-August arrives and the kids start going back to school, I’m all about getting into fall goodness! And in preparation for this year’s “30 Days of Halloween” series, I was more than happy to start making Halloween grub. I started the Halloween fun with this Halloween Chex Treat that made us and a few of our neighbors quite happy! This party-sized bowl is bright, festive, and super yummy.
I love this treat for the taste, the colors, and because it’s so easy to serve at a party. Guests can use plastic cups to hold the treat or they can add it to their plate of other goodies. It’s got a great combo of sweet and salty and all kinds of yummy textures.
Halloween Chex Treat – 30 Days of Halloween 2016: Day 1
- 6 c. Corn Chex cereal
- 6 c. Rice Chex cereal
- 4 c. Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 c. butter
- 1 1/4 c. light Karo syrup
- 1 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. pretzel sticks broken in half
- 1 c. plain M&M's I used the gold and brown from a bag of fall M&M's
- 1 c. candy corn
- 1 1oz package large candy eyeballs
- Place half of each cereal into two large bowls.
- Melt butter in a large pot; add Karo syrup and sugar. Heat together over medium and bring to a boil.
- Boil for two minutes then pour evenly over the cereal in each bowl.
- Stir together then add pretzel sticks, M&M’s, and candy corn. Spread over two greased cookie sheets and place candy eyeballs throughout. Allow to cool then place in a large bowl to serve.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
This recipe is part of “30 Days of Halloween” 2016 here at Cupcake Diaries.
Take a look below at the other spooktacular recipes and printables featured in this year’s series!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019
- Halloween Dipped Oreos - September 17, 2019