Tender shrimp are lightly coated and fried to golden perfection, then tossed in a sweet honey sauce with candied almonds. Serve over rice for a perfectly complete, Asian-style dish!
My eyes were opened to the wonderful world of rice in a bag when I created this recipe. Let’s just say that I don’t ever want to make rice differently after making Success® Boil-in-Bag Rice. And Honey Walnut Shrimp was the perfect protein to put on top of it. I was so excited to eat this dish when it was all ready. My husband even said I ate my meal in record time. ha! I’m telling you, it’s delicious.
It’s amazing how there could be so much awesomeness going on in one brightly colored box. Success® Rice is the ORIGINAL no measure, no mess boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time. And it’s ready in 10 minutes! It’s a beautiful thing. You can make it on the stove or you can put it in the microwave and it tastes wonderful either way. Success White rice can sit in hot water after cooked for up to 30 minutes before being served, making it foolproof.
It’s a matter of placing the rice bags into a pot of water…
…and watching the magic happen!
I wasn’t even worried about getting the hot bags out of the pot. Each bag has a slit at the top to easily insert a fork and pull it right out. Then open the bag and fluff the rice with a fork right into your bowl(s). Super fast and easy!
This recipe is a great meal to serve to your family or when friends come over. And it tastes like it comes from an Asian restaurant. You can prepare the walnuts and shrimp while the rice is cooking and just let the rice bags sit in the water while everything else is being finished. The entire meal comes together in about 30-40 minutes. Even faster if you have an extra hand helping bread the shrimp!
Honey Walnut Shrimp and Rice
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. walnut halves
- 2 bags Success® Boil-in-Bag Rice
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined (Make sure it is thawed and patted dry.)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 c. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. mayo
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan; add walnuts and bring to a boil. Boil 2-3 minutes to allow walnuts to coat in sugar. Remove from saucepan with slotted spoon and place in a single layer on a plate to dry; set aside.
- Fill pot with water and begin to cook Success® Boil-in-Bag Rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, whisk egg whites in a small bowl until foamy. Add cornstarch and combine. If mixture is too thick, add more egg whites till smooth. Heat oil in a saute pan to about 350°. Add shrimp to batter one at a time with a fork to add a thin layer and place in the hot oil. Fry about 5 minutes, turning to evenly brown each side.
- Combine honey, mayo, and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl. Once shrimp is cooked, add it to the sauce bowl and carefully stir to coat.
- Divide rice into four bowls and divide shrimp over top the rice. Top with candied walnuts and serve.
We will be making this dish over and over again! Success® Boil-in-Bag Rice is a dream and I will be using it every time I need rice.
Success® Rice is available in grocery stores nationwide and has an average price of $2.45 for the 14 oz., making it accessible and affordable for families. For hundreds of recipe ideas, special offers and more, join the Recipe Club®!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019