Bring the bakery into your kitchen with these Homemade Blueberry Muffins. They burst with juicy blueberry flavor and just the right amount of sweetness for a breakfast treat.
Muffins are one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast and brunch. Especially blueberry muffins. They just seem to be a lot of peoples’ favorite muffin! I had some leftover blueberries and decided I needed to come up with a really good, go-to blueberry muffin recipe. I was really excited about the way these turned out and how low maintenance they are to make.
My kids keep asking when I’m going to make these again. They just might turn into a Saturday tradition! We love these muffins and all their homemade goodness. From the texture to the flavor, these muffins are just about perfection.
Homemade Blueberry Muffins
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 6oz package fresh blueberries
- Combine sugar, egg, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, bakign powder, and salt. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix until the lumps are gone but just barely. Add sour cream and stir in with a rubber spatula.
- Reserve some blueberries to press on top of the muffins and place the rest in the batter. Stir in blueberries.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin and fill evenly with batter. You can fill the cupcake liners full of batter. I like to do this with an ice cream scoop. Add extra blueberries to the top, if desired. Bake 20-25 minutes at 375°.
Kitchen tools and gadgets needed for this recipe:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! What’s your favorite kind of muffin?
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Here are some of my favorites…
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Rudolph and Friends Christmas Cupcakes - December 17, 2019
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019