Our moms deserve to be pampered on Mother’s Day. That includes a decadent dessert! I’m not sure how much better you can get than a creamy vanilla cheesecake topped with chocolate, peanut butter whipped cream, and peanut butter cups. All the peanut butter and chocolate-loving moms out there deserve this dessert this Mother’s Day!
Sara Lee Original Cheesecake and Cool Whip make this dessert so easy to prepare. Keeping a Sara Lee dessert and Cool Whip Whipped Topping in your freezer is the perfect way to be prepared for easy entertaining or snacking at any time. I picked these two ingredients up along with the other few ingredients needed for this cheesecake at my local Kroger store. All you need is six ingredients and 15 minutes to make this indulgent dessert. So easy! You can find Sara Lee Desserts and Cool Whip Whipped Topping products in the frozen foods section at your local Kroger.
Remove the cheesecake from the container and place it on the platter or cake stand you plan on serving it on. After you mix up a yummy peanut butter whipped topping using the Cool Whip, spread it onto the cheesecake.
The creamy chocolate ganache goes on after the peanut butter whipped topping. The beauty of this step is that it requires zero spreading. All you need to do is pour and let the ganache spread itself all around.
Then top it with a mountain of peanut butter cups. This cheesecake looks like it came from a display cabinet in a bakery when it only takes 15 minutes to prepare at home. A perfect dessert to serve on Mother’s Day!
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- 1 Sara Lee Original Cheesecake
- 1 8oz Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/3 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 12oz bag peanut butter cups
- Place whipping cream in a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until boiling. Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl and pour heavy cream over top. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- While the chocolate chips are heating with the heavy cream, prepare the peanut butter whipped topping by placing half the Cool Whip Whipped Topping in a medium bowl. Add peanut butter and stir to combine. Remove half the peanut butter cups from the bag, unwrap them, and cut into quarter pieces.
- Remove cheesecake from container and place on the cake stand or platter you plan to serve it on. Spread peanut butter whipped topping over the cheesecake. Stir chocolate chips with heavy cream till nice and smooth then pour half of it over cheesecake. Top with peanut butter cup pieces and serve.
- Use remaining chocolate ganache, whipped topping, and peanut butter cups for another cheesecake.
This recipe makes enough of the peanut butter whipped topping and chocolate ganache for two cheesecakes so you can serve more of your loved ones this Mother’s Day. You can also separate the peanut butter cups to cover two cheesecakes.
Sara Lee and Cool Whip are trusted brands that offer a delicious and simple way to make Mom feel special. They come together perfectly to make this easy recipe for Mother’s Day! Follow the links to learn more about each product.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019
- Halloween Dipped Oreos - September 17, 2019