Back in June I shared this yummy recipe over at Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke. Just in case you missed it, I’m sharing it again today!
I have loved making so many yummy desserts featuring fruit this summer! Strawberries have definitely been the favorite. When I made these Strawberry Crumb Bars I couldn’t get enough. I ended up having to put a plate together for my husband to take to work so I wouldn’t eat them all!
I love the different layers and how they’re all a different texture. Such a great bite!
This recipe is great for an upcoming summer party or family reunion!
Strawberry Crumb Bars
- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. cold butter plus 2 Tbsp cut into small pieces.
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. Quick Oats
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 1 c. strawberries hulled and diced
- ½ c. strawberry jam or jelly
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Grease a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour sugar, and salt in an electric mixer. Turn the mixer on low and add 1 cup cold butter one piece at a time. Continue to mix until everything is well combined.
- Set aside 1 cup of this mixture. Press the rest of it evenly into the bottom of the greased pan. Bake for 12 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned.
- While the bottom layer is baking, add brown sugar and Quick Oats to the remaining mixture in the mixer. Add the remaining 2 Tbsp butter and mix until the mixture turns clumpy. You can also do this part with your hands.
- Combine strawberries, jam or jelly, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Use a fork to combine everything a mash up the strawberries, leaving some chunks, if desired.
- Remove cookie crust from the oven and spread strawberry mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle crumble mixture over top. Bake 20 more minutes. Allow bars to cool before cutting.
- Prepare glaze by placing white chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave save bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, 30 more seconds, then stir again until creamy. Heat for longer if chocolate is still chunky. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Place mixture in a small ziplock baggy and cut a small piece off one of the corners. Swirl on the glaze over each bar. Enjoy!
Here are more of my favorite strawberry treats…
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019
- Halloween Dipped Oreos - September 17, 2019