I’ve got a perfect Easter/springtime treat for you today! These cookies are so perfectly chewy, chocolatey, and yummy with all kinds of color from the Cadbury mini eggs mixed in. I found this idea over at Our Best Bites a few years ago and decided to make my own version. And they didn’t disappoint!
I can’t even explain how delicious these cookies are. My husband kept sneaking into them, so I had to set a bunch aside so I could have some to take pictures! Silly man. I don’t blame him though. These things are good.
These cookies are an easy treat to make with all the fun colors of spring. And even easier to eat! I plan on bringing a batch to a family Easter egg hunt in a few weeks. I’m not sure who will love them more, the kids or the adults!
Chocolate Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
- 1 c. unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1 10oz bag Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Place Cadbury Mini Eggs in a ziploc bag and smash with a rolling pin by rolling over the eggs and pressing hard. Leave some of the eggs out if you want some whole eggs on the cookies, as pictured.
- Cream together butter and both sugars; add eggs one at a time, mixing well. Add vanilla and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly add dry mixture to the wet mixture to incorporate. Then add the crushed up candy eggs with a wooden spoon.
- Drop cookies by the spoonful or with a cookie scoop onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes at 350°.
And here’s another one of my favorite springtime cookies!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for Beginners Recipe - November 6, 2019
- Friends TV Show Cupcakes and Toppers - September 22, 2019
- Halloween Dipped Oreos - September 17, 2019